Monday, January 13, 2014

The Choice

One of my first big choices was when I was coming into high school. I had two options, Righetti and St. Joseph. Being I had only moved into town two years earlier, I wasn't too familiar with the schools around or even the fact of the rivalry that existed between them. It wasn't until I went to an orientation at St. Joes that I bought into a school. But it was way to easy because I was influenced by the little baubles given out. During this time was when I really started to like football and that began to play a big part in my decision. Both schools had been very good during those years and my friends who played were split between the two. I went to the placement testing at St joes over summer and began getting enrolled but while I was there, there was something about it I didn't like. The vibe I was getting was off and threw me in a neutral zone. Going home from the test I saw all my friends who we're playing freshman football getting out of practice and for some reason the sight of that alone convinced me I want to go to Righetti. Now that I'm here I don't look back and regret that choice because not only have I had some great memories here, I've had the satisfaction of having a winning record against our rivals across the street.

No comments:

Post a Comment