Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Resource of the day: What to look for in sprinter spikes

For the last 8 years I've been running track and field as a sprinter and occasionally a jumper. One of the most important aspects of equipment in track is your running spikes. So as a sprinter, I look for certain qualities in each spike because it's important to make sure what ever you're wearing is best suited for you when in a full sprint. There are many different designs and shapes of track spikes that are for different event types, foot shapes, etc. Sprinter spikes all have a very curved plastic plate on the bottom with removable metal spikes that force the sprinter to run on there toes. In the years I've done track I've found Adidas and Asics to be the best fitting brands for me but there are other brands out there like Nike and Puma that have different designs. They are wider fits for me and have some of the lightest spikes out there. In my opinion, the Adidas Sprintstar 4's and the Asics Japan lite-ning 4's are among the best track spikes you can possibly get due to the amazing quality you get for such a low price. If you are new to buying tack spikes here's a good link to get you started on what to look for.

http://www.holabirdsports.com/blog/what-to-look-for-in-track-spikes-field-shoes/

No comments:

Post a Comment