Monday, February 24, 2014

Masterpiece essay #1

Growing up, we've always thought of the different things we wanted to be when we grew up. An astronaut, vet, race car driver, football player, etc.. As we grow up these things change with the influences around you whether that be someone telling you that your dream is impossible or you change as a person yourself and find a new interest. I can say personally myself that this happened because as I began to grow up, I went from wanting to be a vet to wanting to be an engineer. Even now that is in question because I'm starting to take interest in physical therapy. What I can say is that both have played a huge role in my life and is something I'm split between right now but I have connections to both. 
     Growing up my favorite toys were Legos. Did I ever think this would play a part in me gaining interest in engineering? No way. My imagination ran wild because it became clear to me that just building the models shown based of the instructions wasn't satisfying enough. I began making my own creations but soon went from just being my own models to more gadget like builds. Eventually when I began to get older my building of random Lego gadgets to building things I got off the internet from household items. It was then I began to span more into messing with electrical components. I found this to  be more interesting than actually building so I got very curious when it came to wiring. My very first electrical contraption was a digital clock powered by potatoes. Simple? Yes, but boy did that give me the interest to try to do more. It went on to making red dot sights and Lego cranes with electromagnets in them, but it came to a halt due to trouble.
     Engineering has been something that I'd want to have a career in but that has began to slip to the thought of physical therapy. In the last 7 years of my life, sports have began to play a huge roll in my life. I'm around it all the time and I love to play sports. My days of being a player though are near it's end and I still want to be around the action. So I began to think what's going to keep me around sports and I realized, physical therapy deals with sports athletes. I began to look into it more and it seems to be something I'd really enjoy. I'm still in the research stage but it was perks just like engineering. 
     

No comments:

Post a Comment