Monday, March 31, 2014

Raising Digital Awareness

So I've been using this open source learning now for almost two years and now we are finally seeing something more valuable to it than before. I understand that it was an online binder for the world to see but I didn't feel like anyone really payed attention to my work. Then we started doing these "resources and I didn't really see the value because I felt as if they were just me telling people hey come check out what this guy said. Todays talk was probably the first time this resource stuff actually made sense because now I see that it's not just another assignment or hey look what I know, it's to find people like you with the same ideas that want to work together. So this blog is important for reaching out to those people that are interested in what I want to do. Have I been putting enough resources? No, I don't post them regularly but I see that it is how I'm going to get traffic into what I want to do. These tools like social media are made readily available for everyone and whats the limit to it? We should use these tools to be more productive with what we do but also not rely on them so much as the only means of getting out there. Being on a computer to reach out is good and all but it's always nice to know that person who has the same ideas for real.

No comments:

Post a Comment